* 20 ml of cocoa butter (4 tsp)
* 20 ml of almond oil (4 tsp)
* 20 ml of coconut oil (4 tsp)
* 10 drops of lavender essential oil
* 10 drops of geranium essential oil
Firstly, melt cocoa butter and coconut oil over a hot water bath. In a separate container, in which you will later mix all the ingredients, add 10 drops of lavender essential oil and 10 drops of geranium essential oil.
Then measure out 20 mL of melted cocoa butter, 20 ml of melted coconut oil and 20 mL of almond oil, and add them to the container.
Stir all together well with a wooden or plastic spoon and pour the mixture into a glass jar (for example empty jar of already used cream).
If the mask is not used immediately, it has to be stored in the refrigerator, and for at least one hour before usage, it has to be placed at room temperature in order to soften.
Apply the mask on damaged hair ends before each washing of the hair and leave it on for at least 20 minutes. For a better effect leave it on overnight.
After you’ve tried this technique, if your hair is still dry and brittle, replace almond oil with argan oil, and add five drops of sandalwood essential oil.
The mask is also used as a great summer care, when your hair is exposed to sun and salt sea water. Apply the mask on the hair before going to the beach, and protect your hair against adverse external influences.
* Lavender essential oil deeply nourishes dry hair and keep them shiny, while geranium essential oil strengthens them.
* Almond oil is excellent for hair care because it moisturizes your hair and soothes your scalp.
* Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antibacterial effect. It can also be used as a mask against dandruff.
* Argan oil is known for its nourishing properties, while sandalwood is excellent for dry and split hair ends.