From Asian spice to the beauty supplement: its numerous minerals, vitamins and essential oils have a calming and at the same time active effect.
Fresh Ginger contains about 80 percent of water. On the other hand, it has more than 160 other components.
• One of the most important ones is borneol, a chemical compound, which prevents inflammation and reduces the temperature.
• Cineol is pungent and spicy, calms cough and has an antibacterial effect.
• Equally effective is curcumin, which can be mixed with the curry. It lowers cholesterol and has an antioxidant effect.
Ginger is good for your health
Regular use of ginger strengthens the defense mechanisms and prevents colds. It also helps when the fever and sore throat are already occurring.
Make a ginger tea:
Peel 1.5 cm of ginger root and slice it into thin slices. Pour with 1.5 liters of boiling water and let it stand for 10 minutes. The mixture has to be stored for about 6 hours in the thermos flask. Then, drink the tea during the day.
The ginger tea will help you get rid of toxic substances.
The healing power of ginger goes even further:
• Oleoresin (component of ginger) helps with headaches;
• If you are suffering from motion sickness, carry ginger sticks with you – they contain shogaol, which prevents vomiting;
• Consuming ginger oil is good against muscle strains;
• If you add ginger in bathing oil, it will stimulate circulation of blood and assure warmth;
• Extracts of ginger also reduce swelling;
• If you put a mixture of ginger vinegar and water to your sunspots, they will fade;
• Ginger oil also enhances the blood circulation in the head and can reduce hair loss and
• is perfect for memory because it stimulates blood circulation in the brain and prevents vascular occlusion.
Recipe for ginger vinegar:
You will need:
• 1-3 ginger roots,
• 1.5 liters of pure apple cider vinegar (at least 6%).
Peel the ginger and grate it. Squeeze out all the juice through kitchen towel. Let dry ginger stand in apple vinegar for about three weeks.